Do you have symptoms of estrogen dominance? To know if you suffer from estrogen dominance, you must pay attention to a series of causes that may be present in your life, some in isolation and others jointly. Check out the following list:
· Weight gain
· Varicose veins
· Mood swings and depression around the menstrual cycle
· Tenderness in the bust
· Variations or skips of menstrual cycles
· Vaginal dryness or itching
· Too much or too little blood flow during periods
· Cyclical insomnia, night sweats, and fatigue
· Breast cancer, benign breast disease, and pre-cancerous conditions
I think this list pretty much describes a myriad of symptoms for any woman who may be suffering from estrogen dominance. According to Ray Peat, estrogen dominance is a major contributor to many specific cancers in women, “benign breast diseases, breast cancer, and pre-cancerous conditions have been found to be associated with a progesterone deficiency and excess estrogen. "
Causes estrogen dominance
“Normally, the liver treats estrogen like a poison, immediately removing it from the body. If the liver becomes sluggish from malnutrition or excess estrogen (or other damage), it can allow the hormone to build up to very high levels.
Excess estrogen due to a malnourished liver impairing estrogen detoxification
The liver needs a large number of proteins, vitamins and minerals to detoxify hormones used outside the system. If estrogen cannot be detoxified it recirculates in the body causing dysfunction, and allows estrogen to accumulate in the body. According to Ray Peat, PhD, "Protein deficiency has been shown to cause the liver to fail to detoxify estrogen."
If the body's ability to eliminate hormones used in the system deteriorates, they are allowed to recirculate causing problems such as PMS
Poor hormone production resulting in low progesterone, leaving estrogen out of balance
The estrogen and progesterone are supposed to be in balance with each other, but a poor diet can result in low levels of progesterone. The body needs raw materials to make progesterone, such as: cholesterol, vitamin A, and thyroid hormone (T3). If you are low in these nutrients or have low thyroid function, low progesterone is a very common cause of estrogen dominance.
Stress of any kind lowers progesterone levels to increase cortisol production. This is because cortisol is a stress hormone necessary to help you survive the effects it produces in your body.
Birth control pills, estrogen replacement therapy
This is pretty clear. Adding synthetic estrogen to your body increases estrogen, and therefore the load of estrogen in it. The cardiovascular risks produced by synthetic estrogens have been known since 1940, including their ability to cause blood clots, varicose veins, miscarriage, and premenstrual syndrome.
It is the estrogen in oral contraceptives that correlates with its effects on the clotting system. In the last 20 years there has been a general agreement that the increased risk of cardiovascular disease, rather than cancer or immunodeficiency or depression, is the most important concern about the effects of oral contraceptives.
Estrogen levels tend to increase with age, as pregnenolone and progesterone levels decrease.
Can Estrogen Dominance Be Stopped? A multi-faceted nutrition plan that supports metabolism, liver, hormones, and stress levels is a great approach.
How to Balance Estrogen Levels
Supporting the metabolism
· Drop the low-fat diet, count calories and eat more real food. Especially enough protein and carbohydrates to meet your metabolic needs. Your body temperature is a good way to check and see if you are eating enough.
· Balance your blood sugar with a proper diet that helps you level your blood sugar, and try to incorporate foods that help you speed up your metabolism naturally (this is important especially important for people with impaired management of sugar in the blood).
· Listen to your body. The body sends you signals and you must be able to understand them, this is an ancient way to improve health. Are you listening to me?
Nourishes the liver
· Increase protein to 70-100 grams per day based on your weight (about 20-25% of total calories). Make sure to include plenty of protein in your diet, this will help create the balance of amino acids (the building blocks of protein). By doing this, you empower the liver detoxification process to help your body take out the trash, and detoxify estrogen properly.
· Eat easily digestible foods to reduce endotoxins that can support the liver (especially important for people with digestive problems). This means simpler sugars (ripe fruits and honey), roots, tubers.
Supports the production of hormones
1. Increases the promoters of the synthesis of the hormone in the diet using food: thyroid (T3), vitamin A, vitamin E.
2. Decreases hormone synthesis blockers: unsaturated fats (PUFA), excess estrogens (from hormone replacement, birth control), ultraviolet light, X-rays, and excess iron (from fortified foods, vitamins, diet heavy in meat).
3. Take Epsom salt baths with 1-4 cups of these salts (magnesium) for 15 to 30 minutes several times a week before going to bed (increase amounts of Epsom salt slowly).
4. Eating 1-2 raw carrots a day can help the colon absorb endotoxin and estrogens for excretion. According to Ray Peat, "Several women who suffered from premenstrual symptoms, including migraine, had their estrogen measured and after the 'carrot diet' they found that carrot lowered their estrogen within a few days, as it relieved symptom."
Reduce stress and environmental toxins:
Identify and reduce stressors in your life. This could be a variety of things; lack of sleep, poor nutrition, bad relationships, food allergies and sensitivities (as they activate the stress response), fast life, etc. Take a break and see what a very obvious cause may be and change it for the good of your health.
Until someone less is faced with terrible hair loss, trying home remedies is highly recommended. If the natural mode of treatment does not work, opt for dermatologist treatments such as hair transplantation, etc. can be processed. But before that, following popular natural and home remedies can come in handy.