If your hair is going through a rough patch, or is not growing as fast as you'd like, don't despair. The answer may be within your reach. Both regular body and scalp massage can contribute to healthy, shiny and faster hair growth.
For centuries, indigenous women have massaged hair with oils to encourage long, shiny locks.
Like skin, hair goes through phases. Weather conditions, hair products, hormones, and your overall health can have a significant impact on its texture, appearance, and growth.
Benefits of massage for hair
Massaging any part of the body increases blood flow, and can help with fatigue, stress, and headaches. This is especially true for scalp massages, as not only the skin and scalp benefit, but the hair and hair follicles as well. Increased blood flow can stimulate the follicles in such a way that hair grows faster, which is a great benefit for those who want to increase their hair length.
It is important to note that only oils made specifically for hair should be used to massage the scalp. Here are the essential oils that help nourish the scalp:
· The peppermint oil helps improve circulation and acts as a natural cleanser.
· Tea tree oil helps soothe itchy dry scalp and cleanses it of tiny dermatitis problems.
· Chamomile oil, relieves itchy inflamed scalp.
· Lemon oil helps remove dandruff.
· The castor oil and almond oil, help promote hair growth.
Massage with hair oils
After choosing your oils, do the massage. Follow this simple guide:
1. Find a quiet place, make yourself comfortable, and get ready to enjoy rubbing your scalp.
2. Massage by moving your fingertips in a circular motion.
3. Massage oil into the scalp using fingers soaked in the same oil. Working from roots to ends, massaging all the oil into the hair.
4. With your fingers, locate the dimples on your skull, just behind the top of your ears. Apply pressure to the dimples for a few seconds, then release.
Repeat the previous step a few times.
Due to the deep state of relaxation it induces, it is also a good idea not to schedule any important work immediately after the massage.
Mistakes when massaging hair
The most common mistake is superficial rubbing; in fact, the massage must be deep and slow, and it must physically move the scalp in order to stimulate blood flow.
After you've massaged your scalp, you can wash your hair immediately or leave the essential oils in for a couple of hours to penetrate and do their job. You can leave the oil on overnight, then wash your hair in the morning - just put a towel in your pillowcase so you don't ruin it. Not only by adding this routine can you get long, luscious and healthy hair, but also a very relaxing session.
The most important behavioural risk factors of heart disease and stroke are unhealthy diet, physical inactivity, tobacco use and harmful use of alcohol. The effects of behavioural risk factors may show up in individuals as raised blood pressure, raised blood glucose, raised blood lipids, and overweight and obesity. These “intermediate risks factors” can be measured in primary care facilities and indicate an increased risk of heart attack, stroke, heart failure and other complications.